Work for DRC
Housing Initiatives Coordinator - Full Time
download the job description (PDF)
Posted January 10, 2014
The Dundalk Renaissance Corporation, www.dundalkusa.org, is a small but growing non-profit community development corporation and community-based membership organization focused on housing development, neighborhood promotion, commercial revitalization, and community greening.
DRC’s Housing Initiatives encourage reinvestment by current residents and boost Dundalk’s appeal among potential residents from throughout the Baltimore region. Our renovations and grant and loan programs raise neighborhood standards, increase homeownership, build wealth, enhance historic character, incorporate energy efficiency, and strengthen our Main Street retail district. Infill new construction projects and partnerships with developers may also be undertaken in targeted areas.
What the Job Entails
This position offers a unique opportunity for a dynamic, detail-oriented self-starter to play a substantial role in expanding our organization’s development capacity and our revitalization impact. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Housing Initiatives Coordinator will take the lead in developing and implementing our housing programs and building the necessary financial, logistical, political, and public support to boost Dundalk’s housing market.
Core Responsibilities Will Include:
Fundraising and Grants Management
1. Apply for grants and loans on behalf of DRC to finance home renovations by the DRC.
2. Develop, identify funding, and manage successful execution of programs to provide incentive grants and loans for current residents to encourage them to reinvest in their homes.
3. Build relationships with key stakeholders such as real estate professionals, lenders, developers, area employers, and elected officials to expand the base of support for reinvesting in Dundalk’s housing and attracting the next generation of residents to our community.
4. Utilize real estate market data to inform decisions about target areas for development, and program design for grants and loans in coordination with Housing Committee and real estate consultant.
Program Implementation – DRC House Renovations
5. Explore and implement measures to increase the efficiency and volume of DRC house renovations and reduce the cost per unit.
6. Oversee development process including property acquisition, construction management consultant and other construction, design, and mechanical expertise as needed during scope preparation, bid process, and construction job supervision. Ensure contractors’ and DRC’s compliance with EEO, MBE/WBE, lead clearance, community hiring, and other applicable regulations, including organizing and submitting all necessary paperwork. Ensure DRC properties are secure and properly insured and kept clean. Market renovated DRC properties in coordination with real estate professionals.
Program Implementation – Encouraging the Public to Reinvest
7. Work with area developers and investors to encourage the production and marketing of a higher volume of renovated homes for sale that can provide comparables and boost home sale prices.
8. Administer homeowner grant and loan programs to encourage reinvestment, including publicizing availability of funds, managing resident applications, monitoring, and publicizing results.
9. Promote Dundalk’s housing through the development of various initiatives to attract new residents and encourage reinvestment such as home tours, open houses, creating a live near your work program, workshops, etc.
The Successful Applicant Will Possess:
1. At least two years of experience in real estate development, such as residential or commercial development, construction, home lending, real estate sales, neighborhood marketing, etc.
2. College degree and or experience equivalent in construction, lending, real estate development, neighborhood marketing, or nonprofit program management, development, and promotion.
3. Computer literacy and willingness to learn and work with a range of software packages as needed.
4. Demonstrated attention to detail.
5. Motivation to produce and market a high-quality housing product that enhances the Dundalk community and meets specific DRC objectives.
6. Ability to relate to community-based efforts and interact with homeowners about available incentive grant and loan programs, and also cultivate partnerships with lenders, developers, and employers.
7. Entrepreneurial orientation and self-motivated to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
8. Ability to work in a team, including with construction management consultant, contractors, lenders’ inspectors, volunteer marketing and housing committees, and other DRC staff.
Salary is commensurate with experience, anticipated starting salary range is $42,000-$55,000 plus health benefits. Friendly, mission-driven work environment balances fun with high expectations. Immediate start date preferred.
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Amy Menzer, Executive Director at email@example.com. No phone calls. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or disability unrelated in nature and extent so as to reasonably preclude the performance of the employment.
Join the DRC Team!
Consider an Internship at DRC!
Marketing - Public Relations - Graphic Design
Volunteer Coordination - Working With Businesses
Data Entry - Computer/Technical Support
Contact Leah Bunck at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific interests and we'll help you plug in to do something meaningful that also helps you build your resume or accomplish other goals!
Your participation as a volunteer with our organization
is always welcome (see our main navigation bar above).