Interested in joining us to make a stronger, more vibrant Dundalk?
NOW Hiring! MARKETING MANAGER
Dundalk Renaissance is a small but growing non-profit community development organization focused on revitalizing our community through housing and neighborhood stabilization, commercial revitalization and business incubation, and neighborhood marketing.
This full time, salaried position offers a unique opportunity for a motivated, energetic, and detail-oriented self-starter to play a substantial role in remaking greater Dundalk’s image by improving our community’s self-image, improving how the community is perceived by outsiders, and attracting new homebuyers and entrepreneurs to our community. In conjunction with improving Dundalk’s image, you will also be building the Dundalk Renaissance brand as an organization and raising funds to support our revitalization work. This will involve creative content generation, dynamic use of social media and web platforms, and systematic relationship-building and management, grant writing, and some sponsor and donor relations.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager will move between content generation, social media, cultivating partners, sponsors, and donors, hosting events, and writing grants. The ideal candidate will be a team player committed to our organization’s mission and interested in developing more coherent strategies for each of the work areas below to help us work smarter and achieve a greater impact for our community.
Integrated Communications Planning and Implementation:
- Create and keep updated communications plan with quarterly messaging goals across platforms
- Generate and post new web content monthly including regular updates and stories profiling program beneficiaries and those reflecting target markets, merchants, Dundalk features we want to highlight
- Develop and execute a creative social media strategy for reaching our target audiences through Facebook and Instagram posts 4x/week or more that integrates with our website, other platforms
- Cultivate media coverage for our events/activities on TV, cable programs, newspapers, radio, etc. and create new press opportunities
- Produce event fliers, brochures, posters, etc. as needed, working with graphic designers and placing advertisements where appropriate/where budget allows
- Produce Email newsletter 1x per month + special features/event reminders @4-6 times/year
Promoting Greater Dundalk’s Housing and Neighborhoods to the Next Generation:
- Organize homebuyer events including 3-4 neighborhood closeup walking tours and 4-6 workshops per year targeting prospective home buyers and residents seeking financial education
- Connect with real estate agents, lenders, housing counseling agencies, and other partners to help broaden understanding of our programs and Dundalk’s housing and neighborhoods in general
- Connect with area employers to cultivate live-near-your-work incentives
- Connect with potential target populations
Promoting Dundalk Renaissance, Our Main Street, and Target Neighborhoods Work
- Work with Business Development Manager and Housing Initiatives Manager to help promote main street, business incubation, and target neighborhoods programs, events and other festivals that help attract reinvestment, boost community pride and raise our profile among stakeholders.
- Assist Business Development Manager in marketing The Forge, our business incubator, and in marketing Main Street businesses to entrepreneurs and area residents.
- Promote Dundalk Renaissance accomplishments and programs to funders, elected officials, partners, and the public through content development, brochures and fliers, annual report, annual meeting, advertising.
Fundraising and Grants Management
- Identify and track grant opportunities, write grants to support Dundalk Renaissance
- Solicit sponsorships to support our work
- Manage reporting and fund requests for marketing-related grants
- Assist the Executive Director to manage relationships with funders, politicians, donors, business sponsors.
- Assist with annual fundraiser awards dinner in collaboration with other staff and board members on fundraiser committee.
Strong candidates will have and be able to demonstrate:
- Positive, outgoing personality and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Fluency with social media (particularly Facebook and Instagram) and WordPress websites
- Strong writing, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Experience with the planning, logistics coordination, and implementation of events
- Enthusiasm and commitment to our mission and to promoting the community
- Capacity to think broadly about the organization’s overall goals, combined with a willingness to get your hands dirty and pitch in as needed to make things happen
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Experience with grant writing and other fundraising activities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and WordPress.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop a plus. Training provided.
- A. or higher in marketing, communications, or related field.
- 2 years or more of work experience in related field.
Starting salary range for this position is $48-56,000. Benefits. Friendly, fast-paced work environment.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing why you would be a good fit for this position, a resume, and three references to DRC’s Executive Director, Amy Menzer, at [email protected]. No phone calls, please. Applications accepted until position is filled. Interviews will be scheduled beginning in the 3rd-4th weeks of June.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or disability unrelated in nature and extent so as to reasonably preclude the performance of the employment.
Please check back with us periodically for other job opportunities.