NOW HIRING: HUD-Certified Housing and Financial Counselor
The Dundalk Renaissance Corporation, www.dundalkusa.org, a non-profit Community Development Corporation, is seeking a full time Housing and Financial Counselor. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Housing and Financial Counselor will help grow our work with individuals and families to increase their financial stability and their access to economic opportunity.
The Housing and Financial Counselor is responsible for conducting financial capabilities and pre-purchase housing counseling, education and credit counseling services, including administrative responsibilities. You will provide comprehensive services to help families and individuals become financially stronger. This position requires the use of independent judgement and decision-making skills.
- Manage a caseload of financial capability counseling clients.
- Manage a caseload of housing counseling clients who are interested in becoming homebuyers, maintaining a client base.
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to provide education, guidance and referrals tailored to each client’s unique circumstances.
- Work with clients to prepare a budget, track expenses and provide strategies for budget improvements.
- Provide individualized credit counseling services; provide strategies for building credit and reducing debt.
- Develop and assist clients with action plans to help them meet their goals.
- Use Coaching approach when addressing client’s goals.
- Available to client throughout the home buying process to address any problems or answer any questions that may arise.
- Utilize client management system to enter and update data in a timely manner.
- Create, maintain and update client files on a regular basis per compliance guidelines.
- Maintain workload reports.
- Assist with facilitating education workshops, including scheduling, marketing, and procuring speakers.
- Complete follow-up paperwork from classes, including certificates and communication with referring partners.
- Build relationships with lenders, realtors, and other professionals to develop referral sources.
- Obtain and keep HUD certification as a Housing Counselor.
- Obtain and keep NCHEC (NeighborWorks) certification in at least two disciplines.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform duties in a confidential manner.
- Detail oriented with ability to organize complex material in clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in establishing goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to structure and convey information for a large group in a manner that is engaging and approachable.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Demonstrated skill in organizing time and prioritizing workload.
- Excellent knowledge of the Mediation program requirements and timelines.
- Good working knowledge of the components of a housing/financial counseling program.
- Good working knowledge of the home buying process.
- Knowledge of lending products and various homeowner assistance programs.
- Ability to compare financial information.
- Ability to calculate loan rates/terms.
- Bilingual competence preferred.
A 40-hour work week is expected, to be performed on site. Due to COVID-19, our employees are currently mostly working remotely but we are preparing for gradual return to the office this Summer. There may be a period when remote work is necessary, and we have been conducting virtual workshops with home buyers and anticipate some of these virtual sessions to continue. The Housing and Financial Counselor must be available to work flexible hours (some evenings and Saturdays) to accommodate the needs of clients. The Housing and Financial Counselor will be required to travel nationally to attend training and maintain certifications.
This full-time position begins immediately; starting salary range in $44-$58,000, depending on experience. This position is contractual, with the possibility of becoming a permanent salaried position contingent upon performance and the availability of future grant funding.
The Dundalk Renaissance Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or disability unrelated in nature and extent so as to reasonably preclude the performance of the employment. Drug-Free Workplace.
Interested candidates should email: a cover letter, resume, and three references to Amy Menzer, Executive Director at email@example.com by July 15, 2020. No phone calls, please. We will accept applications until position is filled. Posted 06-23-20.
Interested in volunteering to make a stronger, more vibrant Dundalk?
If you are interested in volunteering or in an internship, please email us with more about your interests and skills at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to connect you with upcoming volunteer or internship opportunities.