Interested in joining us to make a stronger, more vibrant Dundalk?
NOW Hiring – Business Development Manager
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Dundalk Renaissance Corporation, www.dundalkusa.org, a non-profit Community Development Corporation, is seeking a full time Business Development Manager. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the BDM will develop, coordinate, and implement DRC’s award-winning activities to build community and promote business development in the Historic Dundalk Town Center, a certified Maryland Main Street community.
Core Areas of Responsibility Will Include:
- Main Street Business Development Engaging current business owners and partners in the Dundalk Main Street to encourage reinvestment; recruiting and cultivating new businesses through networking, solicitation of vendors for the Main Street events. Developing new initiatives and ideas for projects involving the business community.
- The Forge: Entrepreneurship Center Overseeing the operations of our entrepreneurship and community resource space. Planning business events and workshops, collaborating with partners such as Small Business Resource Center and lenders, and supporting start-up business practices and ideas to build and incubate businesses, recruiting co-working users for the space. Counseling incubator tenants and Main Street businesses on ideas and best practices. Arranging for presentations by others to build capacity for businesses, neighborhood organizations.
- Event Planning and Logistics Developing and executing festivals and other events in our Main Street to attract shoppers, entrepreneurs, and build community. Coordinating event logistics, participants and partners, and staffing planning meetings with volunteers to generate new ideas and implement new and ongoing projects that meet organization and funder objectives.
- Volunteer Coordination & Supervision Recruiting and engaging an intergenerational group of volunteers to support Main Street events– including residents, businesses, partnerships with local schools, corporate volunteer programs, neighborhood associations, churches, alternative/court sentenced. BDM will also manage intern(s) and seasonal employees to help implement main street projects.
- Fundraising and Grants Management Soliciting event sponsorships, contributions from businesses, grant writing to support new projects, and managing grants including tracking project budgets, obtaining bids, writing grant reports.
- Teamwork Collaborate with other team members, including to promote the new Main Street brand (Historic Dundalk Town Center) to stakeholders, market Main Street activities, support other organization volunteer needs.
Strong candidates will enjoy interacting frequently with a wide range of people, be self-starters willing to take initiative, be well-organized with attention to detail, be able to manage multiple tasks at once, and possess demonstrated experience in one or more of these areas: business development, volunteer recruitment, working on community projects, or doing marketing or promotions. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Applicants should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. This job requires some physical activity. Applicants must be able to lift 40 pounds and be willing to work outdoor events on some evenings and weekends throughout all seasons of the year. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required.
This full-time, salaried position begins immediately; starting salary range is $42,000-$49,000. Benefits. Collaborative, mission-driven work environment.
The Dundalk Renaissance Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or disability unrelated in nature and extent so as to reasonably preclude the performance of the employment. Drug-Free Workplace.
Interested candidates should email: a cover letter, resume, and three references to Amy Menzer, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 21, 2019. No phone calls, please. We will continue to accept applications until position is filled. Posted 06-26-2019.
Our Marketing Manager position has now been filled.