Place Category: Neighborhoods
“My neighbors watch out for me. I love the individual gardens and the nostalgic holiday decor. Real, authentic people, not concerned with trends. Cozy feel, a quaint retreat from the city hustle and bustle. So affordable – cheaper than renting! For the space, great prices and lower taxes.”
What’s great about Old Dundalk
- Homes with historic charm on tree-lined streets
- Walk to Main Street shops, churches and neighborhood potlucks
- Easy to access 695, 95, 10 minutes to Canton, 15 to White Marsh
- Bus transportation to many points int eh city and county
- Sollers Point Road (east)
- Holabird Avenue (north)
- Dundalk Avenue (west)
- Mornington Road (south)
Neighbors are friendly in this unique National Register Historic District. Many have strong roots in the area, with homes passing from one generation to the next. Young people are discovering the neighborhood, drawn by the small-town feel and the way that history enhances the area. Newcomers are welcome and quickly build a sense of belonging and connection with their neighbors. Developers are renovating homes that remain affordable for first-time buyers.
Stroll to the town center to the informal cafes, or stop in at the post office. Walk your dog through Heritage or Veterans Parks on your way to the Farmer’s Market. Your kids can easily walk to Dundalk Elementary and Dundalk Middle Schools.
Old Dundalk is host to many community festivals and events, including Dundalk’s 4th of July Parade and Heritage Fair, the Family Fall Festival, the Christmas Parade, Holiday Hoopla and Cookie Tour, Makers Markets, and the Summer Concerts in the Park series.
This area boasts homes built before WWI through the 1940s, including stucco duplexes with English village-style peaked slate roofs, detached bungalows, duplexes and brick colonials. The hallmark of these homes is the sturdiness! Old Dundalk also offers new construction options built by Ryan Homes.
Parks and other attractions
Within the neighborhood, you can walk the dog, play games and enjoy events at Fairway Park, Heritage Park or Veterans Park. Young families enjoy the tot lot and kids of all ages use the ball fields at Dundalk Elementary School, and the new school will open in fall 2019. And, Dundalk’s waterfront is just minutes away.
The Y Aquatic Center at 120 Trading Place offers swimming lessons for adults and kids. The building also houses the Dundalk Community Center, with meeting room spaces, and a gymnasium, all available for community use.
The Historic Dundalk Town Center offers informal eateries and retail shops that supply all the necessities, including banking, pharmacy, child care, health services, specialty gift shops and a post office. Visit the Dundalk-Patapsco Neck Historical Society and Museum to research information about your house, street and community. The historical society also host numerous events, lectures and festivals, and their Holiday Train Garden is a must for kids and their parents.
Neighborhood and civic organizations
Old Dundalk Neighborhood Association, P.O. Box 4063, Dundalk 21222
The Old Dundalk Neighborhood Association alternates its meeting dates and times between weeknights and weekends. This very active group organizes a number of community-building events and activities throughout the year and participates in several community-widefestivals.
- Dundalk Elementary School: 2717 Playfield St. (410) 887-7013 – new school opening fall 2019
- Dundalk Middle School: 7400 Dunmanway 410 887-7018
- Dundalk High School: 1901 Delvale Ave. 410 887-7023 – new school opened fall 2014
- Dundalk Church of the Brethren: 2660 Yorkway
- Church of God at Dundalk: 6 Yorkway
- Patapsco Masonic Temple: 2 Trading Place (410) 284-6596
- Dundalk United Methodist Church: 3 Mornington Road (410) 284-4818
- St. Rita Roman Catholic Church: 2907 Dunleer Road (410) 284-0388
- St. Georges and St. Matthew Episcopal Church: 2900 Dunleer Road (410) 284-6242
Check out the history of the founding of historic Dundalk here.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.